I have seen some important social questions closed as non-constructive:
- What can one do when one is married but loves someone else? [closed]
- Should I side with my parents or my husband? This question was closed just after asked, and now it's re-opened.
I think these and similar questions are suitable for our site because:
- Islam has many social laws
- Most of these questions arise when someone is faced a situation that wants to do something but is not sure his/her choice is according to Shari'ah or not
- The answers of Islam to these questions are different from the answers of a secular school or other religions
- They have great effect on Muslim's life
- They are very common and are the question of not a single person, but many Muslims
- Although the question may be written as non-constructive way, but it can be edited and answered in a very constructive manner
So I think we should welcome people to ask these questions, and try to edit and answer them in a constructive way if we feel the original question is not.
What's your idea?